MLOs: Getting licensed in additional states? Here’s what you need to know.

We get questions on a regular basis from mortgage loan officers, concerning the requirements to become licensed in additional states.  If you are looking to become licensed in additional states beyond your home license state, here’s what you need to know.

Have you already taken the National Test with Uniform State?

If you have already taken the national test with Uniform State, all you need to be concerned with is any state education hours that the new license state may require.  If you have been licensed, as an MLO, for some time, it is likely you have not yet taken the UST test.  In this case, you will need to complete the UST test and complete any necessary state education hours.

Certain states require additional education based on when you became licensed.

Though the licensing paperwork process is simple, several states now require MLOs to complete additional 20-hour licensing courses (if it’s been 3 or more years since you first became licensed), when becoming licensed in their state.

These states are:

  • Arizona
  • Connecticut
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • North Carolina
  • Oregon
  • Texas
  • Vermont


For more information or for classes visit our site:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: